It’s been WONDERFUL to get back to the Gym after our intense lockdown this Spring. Lloyd Athletic Club, Portland Personal Training and Lloyd Athletic Club Personal Training all opened for business the day after Governor Brown designated Multnomah County Phase I. Being away from the Gym was difficult – but I knew it gave the LAC Family time to put into place the policies and facility upgrades that would allow it to reopen safely.
Now that we’re open – you can really feel the dedication and commitment the trainers, members & staff have put towards keeping it safe.
There are as many sanitation stations & supplies as there are weights now a days! It’s quieter (except for the hourly reminder you hear over the PA system to wear a mask and continue to social distance) and there are a lot fewer people in the gym at a time. Even though the regulations state we can have up to 100 people here, we’ve limited it to 40 at once time.
FEEL BETTER IMMEDIATELY
For many of us, LAC is our second home and exercise is non-negotiable – especially in stressful times like these.
The best part about getting back into your routine, is that you don’t have to wait to feel the benefits.
Coming to the gym is an important part of staying connected to your health, as your immune system greatly benefits from exercise and just seeing other people improves mental health for many of us.
OVERVIEW OF OUR SAFETY GUIDLINES
- The gym will be open 6am-8pm with occupancy limits. We ask that members check in and out in order to help us monitor how many people are here at the same time.
- Members and staff will be required to wear face coverings in Phase 1, wipe down all equipment before and after use, and maintain 6 ft of social distancing. Class sizes are limited to meet these guidelines.
- Sorry there cannot be any showering, hot-tub/steam-room/sauna, drinking fountain use, Multi Player Court-Sports, ice, or towel service per the County’s guidelines.
- Members will be required to check in and verify they are not symptomatic. We ask all members and staff to wash their hands immediately upon entry and then again just before they leave. We have a thermal temperature scan available upon request.
- We will have a limited Group Exercise Class schedule (sorry, no Senior Classes).
- Personal Training will resume. Trainers will wipe down all equipment for clients and maintain 6 ft of distance. Members and Trainers can use individual courts upon request by the client. Many times you may be the only person exercising in an entire area!
If you have questions about returning to the Gym please chat with any of the wonderful Personal Trainers at Lloyd Athletic Club and/or Portland Personal Training. As always, we offer a Free Personal Training Session to explore all your option of working with a Trainer. And for more information on how Lloyd Athletic Club is managing the safety of the gym, read our FAQ’s here.