Lloyd Athletic Club is not currently hiring personal trainers, however if you want to submit a resume for future consideration, please feel free to do so here:
Lloyd Personal Training Career applicants will:
- Develop and Manage Client’s complete goal-based exercise programs.
- Our Personal Trainers Maintain client files and approved paperwork.
(Weekly weights and body fat % if it’s emotionally healthy for client, monthly circumference measurements, session check in sheet notes for every session, writing down every workout in some format available to client).
- Execute Free Personal Training Sessions for Members and Non-Members following LAC approved systems, paperwork, and sales methods.
- Maintain availability in club management software (DataTrak) at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Complete all events on calendar and documents applicable notes on free sessions, late cancels, edits, etc.
- Confirm every single session either via text or software.
- Documents monthly “self-made goals” in Trainer Lounge by 5th of each month.
- Sanitize and replace all equipment used while Training. Assists in putting regular members equipment away to help maintain an orderly gym environment.
- Help provide content for social media if clients approve.
- Must always wear a nametag and dress appropriately for a professional Personal Trainer.
- Evaluates individuals’ abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develops suitable training programs to meet any special needs.
- Observes and informs individuals of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Monitors individuals’ progress and adapts training programs as needed.
- Instructs individuals in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Teaches and demonstrates use of training and exercise equipment.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Provides individuals with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Education: Minimum of Associate’s degree or training in a vocational school and/or nationally recognized Personal Training Certification.
Experience: Appropriate certifications and/or licensures with 1-2 years of related experience.
New Personal Trainers are eligible for 20 front desk and/or shadowing hours to learn about the job, facility, and client/gym software we utilize.
Why be a Personal Trainer?
Becoming a Personal Trainer can be a rewarding and fulfilling career path for those who are passionate about health and fitness. Whether you’re interested in helping people achieve their fitness goals, making a positive impact on people’s lives, or simply enjoying a flexible work schedule, Personal Training may be the right fit for you.
Personal Trainers work with individuals or groups to develop and implement exercise programs tailored to their clients’ goals, needs, and fitness levels. They motivate, instruct, and guide clients in various forms of physical activity, such as strength training, cardio, and flexibility exercises. Personal Trainers also monitor clients’ progress, provide feedback, and adjust their programs as needed to ensure optimal results. Some Personal Trainers may specialize in specific areas, such as weight loss, sports performance, injury prevention, or post-rehabilitation.
As a personal trainer working in Portland, Oregon, there are many benefits to living and working in this vibrant city. Here are a few reasons why Portland can be a great place for a personal trainer:
- Active lifestyle: Portland is known for its active and health-conscious lifestyle, with a high number of residents who enjoy outdoor activities, fitness classes, and sports. This means that as a personal trainer, you are likely to have a large and diverse client base, and can offer a wide range of training options, such as running, hiking, cycling, or yoga.
- Fitness culture: Portland has a strong fitness culture, with many gyms, studios, and wellness centers, as well as a growing number of outdoor fitness events, such as marathons, triathlons, and obstacle races. This means that there are many opportunities for personal trainers to network, collaborate, and showcase their skills and expertise.
- Beautiful surroundings: Portland is situated in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, surrounded by stunning natural beauty, such as Mount Hood, the Columbia River Gorge, and the Oregon Coast. This means that as a personal trainer, you can take advantage of the breathtaking scenery and offer your clients outdoor workouts in some of the most beautiful places in the country.
- Health-conscious community: Portland is known for its health-conscious and eco-friendly community, with a strong emphasis on organic, locally-sourced food, sustainability, and wellness. This means that as a personal trainer, you can tap into this mindset and offer your clients holistic, personalized, and eco-friendly training options, such as plant-based nutrition, meditation, or natural remedies.
Overall, as a personal trainer working in Portland, you can benefit from a thriving fitness culture, a health-conscious community, beautiful surroundings, and a diverse and active client base, all of which can help you build a successful and fulfilling career in this exciting field.