The Pacific Northwest is truly a gem, especially during the summer season. The allure of nature and the plethora of sports activities available make this time of year incredible. However, leaping from zero activity to full throttle and jumping onto your Stand-Up Paddle Board the moment the mercury crosses 65 degrees might not be the wisest choice. Working with a personal trainer who can talk to you about your summer activity goals, will help you build muscle strength and stamina to prevent injuries and optimize performance.
As the summer months approach, many of us eagerly anticipate engaging in outdoor pursuits. Yet, it’s crucial to adequately
Our locality is truly a gem, especially during the summer season. The allure of nature and the plethora of sports activities available make this time of year incredibly delightful. However, leaping from zero activity to full throttle and jumping onto your Stand-Up Paddle Board the moment the mercury crosses 65 degrees might not be the wisest choice.
As the summer months approach, many of us eagerly anticipate engaging in outdoor pursuits. Yet, it’s crucial to adequately prepare our bodies to prevent injuries and optimize our performance. Taking a proactive approach now by hitting the gym can play a pivotal role in fortifying your muscles for the upcoming summer escapades.
Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUP): Embarking on stand-up paddleboarding offers a wonderful aquatic experience that demands a harmonious blend of balance, core strength, and upper body prowess. As you glide across serene waters, the following muscle groups can be honed through gym sessions:
- Arms and Shoulders: Engage in exercises like dumbbell curls, overhead presses, and lateral raises to target arm and shoulder muscles, including biceps, triceps, deltoids, and rotator cuff muscles.
- Core Power: Strengthen your core by incorporating planks, Russian twists, and stability ball exercises. These activities foster resilience in your core muscles, encompassing the abdominals, obliques, and lower back.
Mountain Biking: Venturing onto the dynamic trails on a mountain bike necessitates leg endurance, power, and upper body control for stability. Elevate your gym routine to enhance the following muscle clusters:
- Legs: Deepen your strength in quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes through squats, lunges, and leg presses, bolstering your pedaling prowess.
- Upper Body: Strengthen the muscles in your back, shoulders, and arms with rows, pull-ups, and push-ups. These exercises foster equilibrium and control on challenging terrains.
Trail Running: The thrill of trail running puts your endurance, agility, and lower body strength to the test. Elevate your gym regimen to reinforce these key muscles:
- Legs: Elevate your leg strength with step-ups, single-leg squats, and calf raises. These exercises bolster your quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, and glutes for the rigors of uneven terrains.
- Core Stability: Foster core strength and stability during uneven landscapes through exercises like Russian twists, bicycle crunches, and stability ball routines.
Participating in summer sports and outdoor ventures is a gratifying approach to staying active and reveling in the splendid weather. By targeting specific muscle clusters during gym sessions, you amplify your performance, mitigate injury risks, and wholeheartedly embrace these exciting escapades. Whether it’s stand-up paddleboarding, mountain biking, beach volleyball, or trail running, a well-rounded gym routine equips you with the strength, resilience, and endurance requisite for an extraordinary summer season. So, step into the gym, zero in on those essential muscles, and prepare to relish your outdoor pursuits to the fullest!